Monday, September 12, 2011

We Miss You

This page is from the challenge Sketch of the Week. I have enjoyed picking mostly random photos to use as I've worked my way through the challenges. I like the look of paper layers, although I have a hard time making it work. I decided to use mostly black, which I don't do very often. I like black a lot as a thin, secondary layer behind other papers, but it was something new for me to use quite so much of it.

There's a lot for me to like about this photo! Jenna enjoys experimenting with photography, and this is such a cute idea. I really like the happy, excited expressions on everyone's faces. Aidan has a marker in his hand, as if he's just finished putting the final touches on the message. Norah's arm is draped across the top of the board in a pose that is completely natural and relaxed. Jenna's sunny personality comes through so clearly. I really appreciate that she took the time to set this up - thanks, Jenna!

Scrapbooking is a great way for me to experience emotions again and again. I love this hobby!!

Till next time...

No comments: