Sunday, July 20, 2014

Challenge: About A Face

This week's Monday challenge on the Simon Says Stamp blog is called "About a Face". The challenge is to come up with a project that features a face - a clock face, a person's face - the interpretation is open. 

After seeing an inspiring video tutorial on coloring with Distress Inks and Cut & Dry Nibs, I decided to give it a try. I pulled out a collage-style stamp I haven't used in a looong time. It's called "Small Rose Collage" by Paper Inspirations. The video I had watched suggested using Specialty Stamping Paper by Ranger which I didn't have. I thought the technique might work on some glossy paper I had in my stash, so that's what I used.

I stamped the image using black Archival Ink, which will not bleed when touched by water. This is important for the coloring, since the Distress Inks would make other black dye inks run. After heat setting, I followed the instructions on the video and used the nib to apply ink to the stamped image. I heat set after each color to prevent smearing. After all the coloring was done, I rubbed some darker Distress Ink on the edges to give it some definition.

I decided to use the image to make a card and went with a top-folding style. I rarely do this type of fold, but it's very popular right now so I  hopped on the bandwagon. I trimmed my stamped image and mounted it on a pale pink cardstock and wrapped some black & gold ribbon around the bottom. I mounted this panel onto a black card base. Normally I would stamp a sentiment for the card front, but I chose to leave it off this time. I think this card would work for any occasion, or just to send a note.

Here's my finished card:



Happy crafting!

Immi

1 comment:

Sandra said...

What a darling card! Love the stamp! Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra