Friday, March 6, 2015

Muse Challenge

I'm excited to say that my Celebration card was chosen as one of the top 3 cards from the Muse #106 challenge! (If you'd like to read the post about this card, click here.)

Each week, a new challenge is posted. Participants must comment on at least three of the entries and vote on their choice. I don't always have time to join in, but it's fun to see what everyone makes based on the challenge card. Here is what I've done for this week after looking at the challenge card:



I selected some papers from a 6x6 pad called  Vintage Bliss from Simple Stories. This makes it much easier to combine patterns, since the designers have done all the work for you - everything coordinates. I layered my paper strips on a dark gray background and stitched them in place with my sewing machine. 

The sentiment is from Altenew (Label Love). I first tried it on white cardstock, but didn't like how it looked so I stamped again on a scrap of the pink polka dot. (I used my favorite ink for stamping sentiments - Versafine Onyx Black.) I trimmed the left edge with pinking shears and cut a notch on the right hand side. This is also stitched down using the sewing machine.

I had a skinny little strip left over from trimming the gray panel, so I experimented with placing it to the left of the main panel with a sliver of my card base showing through. I used tiny little dots of Glossy Accents to glue it down.

Here's the challenge card:


I was inspired not only by the patterned papers, but also the space left for the sentiment. My color scheme is brighter, but I went with a neutral for the background. This card is definitely more about the paper than the stamping. I had fun making it - hope you enjoy seeing it!

Till next time,
Immi









3 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the feminine, cozy (like a quilt) look of this, Immi! So glad to see you at Muse this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of patterns! Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

SmilynStef said...

Fun patterns ... love the stitching.