Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Winnie & Walter Playdate #3

I stumbled across this challenge this evening and decided to do my best to get a card ready to participate. Winnie & Walter is a fairly new stamp company. I've been seeing their stamps used on a variety of blogs I follow. I don't own any of their stamps yet, but they also offer digital files. I downloaded a file to cut on my Silhouette, and used the sketch provided to create my card.

w&w_playdate3_august2014

I chose to use the sketch along with some of the suggested colors. Here's my card:


I started with a kraft cardstock base. On top of that is a layer of an orange sunburst paper that I edged with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. The purple layer is a scrap of cardstock I had that I coated with clear embossing paste, using a stencil from Jenni Bowlin. After that dried, I punched out the half circles, and used the Worn Lipstick again around the edges. The "hello" is the digital file I downloaded from Winnie & Walter. I opened the file on my Silhouette and discovered that I didn't know how to cut a png. I had to get on the web to do a little research, but found it was quite easy after all (sigh of relief). I cut it from a pink patterned paper from a Colorbok paper pack - Light Bright. That's also where I got the orange starburst paper. I wrapped some thin gold cord from my stash around the card, creating some loose loops. I glued the loops down with Glossy Accents, also using that to attach the flower and button. For the "hello", I used teeny tiny drops of Glossy Accents to be sure it would stick to the embossed paper beneath. Finally, I used some Scotch 3M Mounting tape to attach the purple panel to the cardfront. This gives it a little extra height which is kind of cool.

I don't know why I create these situations for myself, but I was bound and determined to submit this - the deadline is later tonight. I'm happy with my result and I guess that's what counts the most!

Till next time,

Immi


No comments: